by OSM/VISTA Teams
February 14, 2013
The Appalachian Coal Country Team (ACCT) is seeking an energetic and team-oriented individual interested in environmental stewardship and community development to serve as the Office of Surface Mining/Volunteers In Service To America (OSM/VISTA) Leader. The ACCT is recruiting to fill three leader positions. The OSM/VISTA Leader will support and lead a team of dedicated Volunteers serving in Appalachian communities in the following states: (PA, OH, MD, WV, VA, KY, TN and AL). This exciting leadership opportunity will be based in the heart of Appalachia in Beckley, WV. Here are just some of the roles of an OSM/VISTA Leader:
• Support field OSM/VISTAs working on environmental and revitalization projects, clean water education events and polluted water remediation throughout Appalachia.
• Coordinate with the other OSM/ VISTA Leaders in the Support Office and staff to recruit and train VISTA members, provide technical assistance, organize teleconferences and trainings, and mentor VISTAs through personal challenges
• Develop funding strategies to support the team including Brownfields work, reforestation, alternative energy projects, sewer infrastructure projects, our Summer Intern program and others.
• Attend environmental, community development, mining and other conferences and present information on the challenges in Appalachia and the ACCT's role in helping communities overcome these challenges
• Travel throughout Appalachia to provide on-site orientation and support for our OSM/VISTAs working across Appalachia.
To learn more about our Team visit our website at CoalCountryTeam.org and visit here to learn how to apply. Note: You must have completed a VISTA term of service in the last four years to be eligible for a VISTA Leader position.
Please forward this opening to others who may be interested ACCT Team Director April Trent (email@example.com) with questions.