by OSM/VISTA Teams
February 14, 2013
Our incredible, hardworking Teams need a clear, strong, outreach voice!
The OSM/VISTA Teams are seeking a qualified, dedicated candidate to serve as our Outreach/Marketing Coordinator. Based in Beckley WV, the OSM/VISTA Teams Outreach/Marketing Coordinator will work to develop and create a sustainable outreach program for the OSM/VISTA Teams. The following describes the projects that the OSM/VISTA Teams* Marketing Coordinator will take to a larger media presence for the OSM/VISTA Teams.
* OSM/VISTA Teams is defined as the Appalachian Coal Country Team, the Western Hardrock Watershed Team, Washington DC office, the Rural Volunteerism Initiative. *
Outreach is necessary for the future of these organizations in terms of funding, volunteers, and community partners. This in turn will allow the OSM/VISTA Teams and partner organizations to continue carrying out its anti-poverty mission through community revitalization and environmental stewardship.
The successful candidate will:
1. Maintain Teams Social Media pages;
2. Generate monthly Newsletters/Reports that celebrate the work of our partner organizations and OSM/VISTA Volunteers;
3. Submit News/announcements to print publications and television;
4. Develop relationships with local and national media outlets;
5. Foster relationships with federal PR/Marketing contacts;
6. Identify relevant national news outlets for possible story ideas and publishing;
7. Website maintenance and updates using an established content management system
8. Participate in fundraising/grant writing;
9. Update outreach/marketing materials;
The candidate should have a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Communications or Marketing, or related field and relevant experience through internships or jobs. This position is a Fellowship/Internship that provides a monthly stipend ($12,100 annual) a Segal Education Award (valued at $5,550), health insurance, and other benefits available, at the end of the one year assignment. This position has the opportunity to renew and or develop as a staff position, depending on funding. The candidate must be able to travel often to complete the requirements of this position.
Visit our websites to learn more about the work do: www.coalcountryteam.org , www.hardrockteam.org; www.ruralvolunteer.org
To submit your application for consideration, email a résumé, a three-page writing sample, and any other important items related to your work to: April Trent, Team Director, firstname.lastname@example.org. This position will remain open until filled.